Interview With USA Today Bestselling Author & Mentor Brittni Chenelle (urban fantasy writer)
Today, we have an interview with the USA Today Bestselling Author and mentor, Brittni Chenelle. Brittni has written many books in the urban fantasy genre, including The Fae & The Fallen, Chaste Blood, and Kingdom Cold. Brittni is positive, wonderful and fascinating.
The timings for the questions (and the answers are as follows):
1) Where do you come from and how did this place influence your decision to become a writer? – 0:44
2) You have written many books in the urban fantasy genre. What three things inspired you to write in this genre? – 3:36
3) You are a USA Today bestselling author. Congratulations! Why do you think people have enjoyed reading your books so much? – 5:01
4) When people tell you that they’ve read your books and discuss them with you, how do you feel, especially when it comes to the more intimate scenes you’ve written? – 6:33
5) Which character, in any of your stories, is the most like you? And how? – 8:33
6) What two things would you like readers to take away from your stories? – 9:36
7) Would you ever consider writing a book in another subgenre or genre? – 10:17
8) You also write a blog. What do you blog about? – 11:14
9) If you could go back in time and speak with a younger Brittni Chenelle, what advice would you give her about the writing process? – 11:57
10) What is your writing kryptonite? – 12:49
11) In your opinion, what is the hardest part of the writing process? – 14:00
12) How has writing changed you as a person? – 15:10
13) Are you writing another book at present? If so could you give us a sneak peek about what it is about? – 16:45
14) Outside of writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? – 17:29
15) Lastly, is there anything else you’d like to say that you haven’t already in this interview? – 17:51
After interview 1) If you are looking for an excellent writing mentor, get in touch with Brittni, and if you like the urban fantasy genre, check out her books NOW! – 19:12
After interview 2) Shout out for my debut fantasy novella, The Sultan’s Daughter – 19:34
🔴 Subscribe for more fascinating interviews like this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthZmdBbHzNlod4EkcyNGsw/featured?sub_confirmation=1
Check out Brittni’s books:
Check out Brittni’s website:
🎬 Watch my most recent videos:
🔵 Check out my debut fantasy novella, The Sultan’s Daughter (Available NOW in Kindle- and paperback-format):
Find me on Instagram:
Visit my website for writing consultancy services:
P.E. Gilbert is a blogger, writing consultant and the author of the fantasy novella – The Sultan’s Daughter. He spent over ten years writing a fantasy series and made a boatload of mistakes along the way. Now, he gives writing tips, using practical examples from fiction and fantasy, to help make writing easier for those wanting to construct great narratives.
All the videos, songs, images, and graphics used in the video belong to their respective owners and I or this channel does not claim any right over them.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.